One of the veggies I’ve always poo pood is zucchini! If you’ve been following my posts you know my first thought when I hear zucchini is a mushy smooshy mess that you get when you saute zuchini with butter (which I grew up eating Yuck!). Over the years though I’ve grown to love zucchini sticks raw with a little ranch dressing! Especially because we have had an abundance of them in a garden the last few years! The next best thing to eating it raw is my Zucchini Fries! These are tasty, perfect to pair with a burger or hot dog, so quick and easy to make and the dipping sauce adds that little extra kick to spice things up!
Ingrediants for Fries (serves 3-4 people):
3-4 average size zucchini cut in them into 4″ long sticks. I usually cut them in half the long way, cut them in half again, and the cut the fries usually 3-4 fries from each of the quartered sections
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 tsp smokey paprika
2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Seasoning
Directions for Fries:
1. In large bowl place zucchini fries and drizzle with olive oil making sure they are coated well
2. In small bowl mix all your spices so you can evenly coat zucchini
3. Sprinkle spice mixture over zucchini tossing zucchini gently so you coat all sides
4. Place zucchini on grill (you want your grill to be between 350-375 degrees)
5. Cook on each side 2-3 minutes (the longer you cook the more “soggy” they will become so you don’t want to overcook) I prefer mine to still have a little crunch to them!
Dipping Sauce-Using my homemade mayo I usually take about a cup of mayo add 1 1/2 heaping tbsp of Chipotle seasoning (you can use less depending on what your taste buds like), and add in a diced up whole Jalapeño (with seeds removed). Mix it together really well and let sit in the fridge 1-2 hours before serving so the seasoning has time to really soak in. I usually make this a day or so ahead of time. We use it for everything dipping sauce, burger topping, coating for chicken, it has so many uses as it’s so tasty!
Last month I had the amazing Chicken Salad from Make-Ahead Paleo at a friends house but of course due to being a picky eater I picked out half the ingrediants! So I decided to swap out some of the ingrediants and make a version for me! 😊 It came out amazing!
Check out Tammi Credicott’s website for more info on her cookbook Make-Ahead Paleo! http://thehealthygflife.com/books/make-ahead-paleo/