So we have been having Fish Fridays in our house. I found a nice plump cod filet that I just couldn’t pass up last week. Fish is super healthy and can be so flavorful! It’s simple to bake and can be heavily dressed with herbs or simple with just some salt and pepper. I needed something equally as yummy to go with the nice Red Pepper Cod I planned to cook up. While out shopping for the fish I came across Brussel Sprout stalks! I love buying the full stalks definitely more product for your money. Just pull right off and take off the outer leaves. A fun activity to involve the kiddos too! So I ended up creating a new side dish with things I had around the kitchen and the Brussels as I needed a change up from our typical garlic roasted brussels.
My Parmesan Lime Brussel Spouts are delicious! These come out tangy with that nice crispy roasted taste. The tart lime and the saltiness of the parm is a perfect blend!
Full Stalk of Brussel sprouts pulled from stem, outer leaves pulled off, and halved
1/4 cup Fresh grated parmesan cheese
Juice of two small limes (roll first on counter to get the most juice from them)
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp of EVOO
1. Preheat over 350
2. In mixing bowl toss your brussels with oil and lime juice so brussels are coated well allow to sit for 10 minutes
3. Next mix in your grated parm with brussels try to evenly coat
4. Sprinkle and then stir in the black pepper with brussels to your taste
5. Place on foil lined baking sheet and place in oven
6. Bake 30 minutes stirring brussels at 10 minutes and 20 minutes so they cook evenly. (Brussels at 30 minutes should be fork tender I prefer softer brussels but adjust the time to meet your level of crunch needed)
(I usually bake my cod filets for 20 minutes so this recipe works out well to get fish ready first 10 minutes of baking and then finish baking brussels and fish the last 20 minutes)