Lately I’ve been trying to eat as much fish possible because soon we won’t be able to get fresh wild caught as frequently. The tuna steaks at the local fish store have looked amazing lately! They are so fresh and delicate just a sprinkle of salt and pepper would be good but I wanted to spice them up! We also had a little bit of paleo mayo left over that I wanted to use before we had to toss it! My Spicy Maple Tuna steaks with wasabi mayo are tasty and filling!
2 6oz wild caught tuna steaks
2 heaping table spoons Asian 5 Spice
2/3 cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Wasabi Mayo Ingredients:
2 tbsp wasabi (make sure this is real wasabi, many commercial wasabi paste is actually imitation. Going to an Asian specialty store is your best bet.)
2 tbsp paleo mayo
Splash of coconut aminos
1. Mix all ingredients together and allow to meld 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally before adding tuna
2. Add Tuna and marinate on each side 7 minutes (more isn’t necessarily better when marinating fish 7 minutes a side is just right)
Wasabi Mayo Directions:
While your tuna is marinating make up the mayo and pop in fridge till your ready to use.
1. Mix paleo mayo and coconut aminos so they are well mixed
2. Slowly add in wasabi to taste (I love wasabi and like my mayo spicy spicy but taste as you add so it is too your liking)
3. Place in refrigerator till ready to add to tuna
Over high heat grill tuna 3 minutes each side this will give you a nice medium rare tuna steak. Cooked nicely on the outer most part of the steak and a nice warm pink center.
Plate tuna and add a little wasabi mayo on the side for dipping.
Super quick and easy dinner with great flavor and a real crowd pleaser!